Dikus Transporters Limited is committed to protecting the Health and Safety of all employees and ensuring that our activities are not harmful to the environment and the community.
We endeavor to ensure that all work activities are carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, interested parties, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
- All accidents can be prevented;
- No task is so important that risk of injury to people or damage to the environment is justified; and
- Effective Quality Health, Safety and Environment Management is a critical foundation for sustainable management.
- Zero harm to People and a commitment to Environmental conservation;
- Ensure that appropriate controls are put in place to maintain a Healthy workforce
- Provide employees with necessary Personal Protective Equipment and train them to use and care for it properly.
- To show leadership in the field of HSE management; and continuous improvement by adopting the best practices in the industry
Dikus Transporters Limited meets these objectives by:
- Promoting a positive culture based on improving our HSE performance;
- Provision of training and resources for staff to maintain safe systems of work;
- Conduct routine Safety and Health inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions, hazards, practices and behaviours’ that could cause accidents and injuries, control health hazards, and comply with all applicable Occupational Health and Safety Act 2007 Safety and Health requirements.
- Implementing and initiating Operational controls and interventions to eliminate pollution and environmental harm; geared at environmental conservation
- Observing all HSSE laws and regulations of this Country
- Reporting on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Performance, measured against Objectives, Targets and Key Performance Indicators
Staff appraisals against these targets, with a view of performance improvement.